Make a meal to bring the family together... This delicious curry can be made in your slow cooker during the day, letting you get on with other things. Give it a stir occasionally throughout the day and in about 4-6 hours depending on your slow cooker you'll have a tasty meal to share with your friends or family!
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time4 hr
- Total Time4 hr 15 min
- 1.5kg blade steak, 2.5cm diced
- 1/2 jar (150g) James and Rose Indian Curry Paste
- 3 potatoes cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 to 3 red chillies, 8 to 10cm long, seeds out is less hot
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 to 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 300ml cream or yoghurt or 400ml tin of coconut milk
Watch the video
Lightly fry beef in batches in pan with oil, transfer each batch to the slow cooker.
Fry onions and chilli in pan, add garlic, ginger and curry paste. Fry for a few seconds then add all to the slow cooker.
Add salt and potatoes and combine ingredients gently.
At this stage don’t add any liquid, it will form as it cooks.
Place lid on and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
Add cream before serving and heat gently on low so the cream doesn’t split.
Serve with rice.